> Holistic Treatments
What is Parenteral Therapy?
What is Parenteral Therapy?
Parenteral Therapies are medications, nutrients, vitamins and other healing substances administered by injection into the body. The most common types of parenteral therapies are given intravenously, but some are administered into the muscles or under the skin.
Who Can Benefit From Parenteral Therapies?
Parenteral Therapies may provide benefits to people who are unable to eat or absorb nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract and those suffering from the following conditions:
- Infections - viral bacterial, and fungal
- Immune system illnesses and weakness
- Autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Emotional struggles including anxiety, depression, stress
- Gastrointestinal illnesses
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Cardiovascular illnesses
- Precancerous conditions
- Respiratory conditions including asthma and bronchitis
- Liver disease including hepatitis
- Pain - including migraines and muscle spasms
How Does Parenteral Therapy Work?
Parenteral therapies work by several mechanisms, depending upon the substance administered and the goal of treatment.
Parenteral routes of administration allow highly concentrated nutrients and medications to be administered directly into the bloodstream.
Some compounds are deactivated by the gastrointestinal system and must be administered parentally in order to be effective. The parenteral route of administration also allows for small amounts of medications to be given as they are immediately circulated by the bloodstream with no waste. Other compounds are very concentrated and irritating to the gastrointestinal tract, so a parenteral route must be utilized.
Very ill patients may be unable to absorb nutrients from the gastrointestinal tract or they may need to let their digestive tract rest to promote healing. The parenteral route facilitates healing for these patients.
What Kinds of Parenteral Therapies are Available?
Some examples include:
- Chelation, vitamin and nutrient therapies are a few of the many kinds of parenteral therapies available. A well known vitamin treatment is called Meyer's Cocktail.
- Alpha lipoic acid is administered parentally to treat diabetes.
- Glutathione aids nutrient absorption. It and several other parenteral therapies are used preventatively to enhance longevity.
- Hydrogen peroxide destroys germs and toxins. It can also be used to help treat cancer in some situations.
- Herbal medicines, homeopathic preparations and anti-oxidants are administered parentally as well.
What Else Do I Need to Know About Parenteral Therapy?
Absorption of healing substances administered parentally is very rapid and comprehensive. Typically 100% of the healing agents are delivered to the entire body. They can be used for the conditions listed above as well as part of a weight management or performance enhancing routine. Parenteral therapies are also an effective component of anti-aging programs.
To find out more about Parenteral Therapy and what type may benefit you in your quest for wellness, please contact and consult with a local licensed physician who specializes in this therapy.
To find local licensed professionals who provide Parenteral Therapy, Click Here